Software Engineer (Backend/NodeJS)
About the Role: Software Engineer (Backend/NodeJS)
We are looking for a Software Engineer to help us build functional products and applications. Software Engineer’s responsibilities include participating in software design, mentoring team members, writing clean and efficient code for various applications, running tests to improve system functionality, and documenting design and code. This role will be based out of Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
- Writing clean and efficient code adhering to coding standards, guidelines & industry best practices
- Participating in requirement elicitation and software design
- Preparation of high-level and detail-level design document
- Code reviewing
- Mentoring team members
- Developing and executing tests to ensure system stability, performance & security
- Collaborating and coordinating activities with multiple teams
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Strong knowledge of NodeJS and creating high-performance APIs using NodeJS
- Strong working knowledge in any NoSQL (preferable) or relational databases
- Good exposure to working on Linux/Unix systems.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (such as Git, Mercurial or SVN).
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of any search server (such as Solr, Elastic Search, etc.).
- Bachelor or degree in Engineering related field.
- 3 – 5 years of software engineering experience.
- Highly organized individual.
We understand that not all applicants will have skills that match the exact job description. We value diverse experiences in the relevant industry and encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. If you lack the desired experience but do have the knowledge and confidence to leave a mark, go ahead and apply.
At Shopalyst, we are creating a global workplace that enables everyone to find their true potential, purpose, and passion irrespective of their background, gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, and ethnicity. We are committed to providing equal opportunity for all and believe that diversity in the workplace creates a more vibrant, richer work environment that advances the goals of our employees, communities, and the business.
Apply for this Job
"*" indicates required fields